Sunday 14 August 2016

ON THE RISE: TAFARANKING

Nemokush 98 is the sophomore and ultimate mixtape by teen artiste Tafari. It was recorded from April 2015 – April 2016. Although song writing primarily began in 2012. The mixtape mainly consists of dancehall vibes with a little bit of hip hop.

The expertly constructed mixtape was inspired by Tafari's willingness to come up with something better than his previous mixtape 'Principium' . Despite the incessant criticism, Tafari didn't relent in his work rather it made him more dedicated to releasing this incredible mixtape. check out his ON THE RISE interview and get to know him better......

Name?
Abdullahi Halilu

What's your stage Name?
Tafari


Age?
Unknown

Tell us abit about yourself?
Artiste with a mixtape about to drop. Upcoming fashion designer.



What's the first song you Ever remember hearing?
I think it was kerewa by Zule Zoo

What are you listening too lately?
Popcaan and Kanye West



What's your favorite album by an artist?
All Kanye West albums

What song of yours are you most proud of?
I dont even know mehn, it should be either Nah Leave or Zones. Just listen to Nemokush 98

How do you get your music out there?
Soundcloud and Hulkshare but the new mixtape will be out in 13 platforms including iTunes, Apple Music, Tidal and Deezer



What's the unique thing about your style of Music?
I think im the only upcoming act in Abuja that does this whole dancehall stuff.
How long have you been doing this?
6 years now

Who are your role models?
Kanye West and Popcaan

What would you be doing if you weren't doing music?
Designing clothes 



Where and where have you performed at? 
Well, my parents dont really like me performing so i've only performed at NTIC prom and a party that held recently. Prior to that, i performed at talent shows in my old school.



What's next for you, upcoming projects and all that?
I'm going to be done with music after this project but i will still mentor some upcming acts before going fully into fashion


Are you married or involved with anyone?
Lool. I'm single.

Do you make friends easily?
At all. I don't make friends

What's your favourite food?
Spaghetti Bolognese


Do you worry whether people like you for the real you or because your an artist? 
I do at times but i don't allow it get to me.

How do u react to your female folks/Fans around u?
I stay calm, I don't do more than im expected to.

How's ur relationship with other Abuja artist and outside Abuja? 
It's good, i got tons of them on my mixtape Nemokush 98 and they show me love. Its amazing

What do u dream of doing in the future?
Fashion Designing 

Contacts(snapchat, IG , twitter, Facebook)
Twitter - Abdul_Halilu
Snapchat - tafari98
Insta - tafari98

No comments:

Post a Comment