Friday 11 September 2015

ON THE RISE: SOMTO MADU




Our on the rise segment for this week features the talented Abuja  Rapper popularly known as T-Skillz his style of rap and perfect Delivery makes him a strong force to contend with in the Hip hop world get to meet him.

Name?
Somto Madu 

Stage Name?
T-Skillz


Hometown 
ABJ! 

Educational qualification?
Currently an Undergrad 

Schools attended ? (2-3)
Stella Maris primary school and college, currently at university of Greenwich 

What's the first song you ever remember hearing?
Fugees - Killing Me Softly or Michael Jackson - Heal the World 




What are you listening to lately?
BobbyRaps, Corbin, Mick Jenkins,Tory Lanez, Ramriddlz, Haleek Maul and Jimmy Johnson


How did your interest in Music start ?
When my brother made his first song
Who produces for you?
NOVO and Madrid also known as Canary



How do you describe your Music?
Organic

Hip hop is a bit crowded how do you intend to set yourself apart?
The music industry is not just hiphop and I believe good music will always finds its way

Why Hip hop and Not RnB or Soul Music?
Hiphop is one of the music genres I grew up on and over the years, it has become a very broad genre, which allows me to express myself in different ways. The culture especially reflects on my lifestyle and is something i can easily relate to. Nevertheless I'll hop on other music genres comfortably because I have no boundaries 

What's your biggest crowd you have performed in front of and where?
My secondary school I think 

How do you plan to market and make your music to reach out to lots of people?
By making more songs and performing at more shows




Who inspires you musically?
My brother 

What you studying?
Something I don't like studying 

How much songwriting to you do?
I write for myself almost on a daily basis  and I write for others when I need to 

What's your favorite Musical instrument? 
Drums !!! 




What inspires you to make the type of songs that you do?
The feelings I'm experiencing at a particular point in time and the song being composed

If you were 10 again what would you do differently? 
Grow my hair 




Can you describe yourself in 3 words?
Vibrant, real and nappy !! 

What would you not travel without ?
Headphones  




What should we expect from you in the Nearest future?
New song and video 

Contacts(snapchat, IG , twitter, Facebook)??
IG , Twitter snapchat - tskillz_somto
Facebook  - T-Skillz

No comments:

Post a Comment